Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roots

w3-total-cache / ipbwi

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone got w3-total-cache working with ipbwi?

It seems to work fine for us excepted the userbar widget which produces this text on the home page:

Unable to execute code: <!--dynamic-cached-content--><div id="ipbwi_userbar_loggedOut"> <div class="ipbwi_createAccount"></div> <div class="ipbwi_signIn"><a href="http://forums.domain.ext/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login">Sign In</a></div> </div> <!--/dynamic-cached-content-->;

Thanks

Seems to be a bug in w3-total-cache, have had problems with that plugin, too. w3-total-cache has problems with non-caching userbar (what's important for security purposes) even if template contains no-cache-comment.

We've been trying few other plugins, none seems compatible. Do you know any caching plugin working with ipbwi?

Every cache-plugin should support something to prevent caching for specific parts of code, e.g. some custom-tags to declare stop-caching for an area. I've read the manual of w3-total-cache and used the tags listed there to prevent caching for IPBWI4WP widgets. I don't know why these non-cache-tags do not work with userbar-widget and unfortunately at the moment I have not the time to check why a feature provided by another plugin does not work. Additionally, I am not using any caching plugins on my WordPress installations, so I can not recommend a caching plugin.

I've found a small issue in loading IPBWI for WordPress userbar widget - maybe this could be the source of the issue with the cache plugins. You should give it a try again with new IPBWI for WordPress v3.1.4 release which fixed that specific issue.