Sign in to follow this  
jasonatubot

Customer getting missing license.dat error when activating plugin

Hey there,

this might be a common issue or I've done something wrong. 

I downloaded the files for my wordpress IPBWI installation. 

I have uploaded the plugin directory and the theme directory to my wordpress multisite installation in what I believe are the appropriate places. 

When I try to activate the plugin in wordpress, I get the following error about a missing license.dat file. I do not see this in my download nor anywhere else. What am I missing?

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: The encoded file /srv/www/li1243-30.members.linode.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipbwi/wordpressLoadIPBWI.php requires a license file license.dat. in Unknown on line 0

Hi, again - where is the license.dat file? 

• If you see an error message on your site about a missing license file, please make your you’ve uploaded your purchased license.dat file to the folder printed in the error message.

I've never gotten this file. How do I get it? 

Hi Matthias,

Thank you.

"Fatal error: The encoded ..../public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipbwi/wordpressLoadIPBWI.php requires a license file license.dat. in Unknown on line 0"

I have uploaded this file to "..../public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipbwi/" and am still getting this error. Can you please give instructions for where to upload this? 

Sign in to follow this