Kowak

Installation Problems

Hello

I installed IPBWI for WP yesterday and the plugin wordpress side worked well. I could easily set it up, the problem is on IP.Board side and another problem is related to dat file. First of all I don't know where to put the dat file. After uplaoded all files, the forum gave an error, "impossible to find dat file" first for syncmember.php or something like that and then it happens again with another file always in ip.board uploaded files. Ok, then another problem is IP.Board configuration:

• Path to WordPress: Insert the serverside path to WordPress
  • Blog-Domain: Insert the Domain of your WordPress Blog
  • Blog Cookie Domain: Insert the Cookie-Domain for the blog. When the blog is on a subdomain, use the secondlevel domain, e.g. blog is on sub.domain.com, insert .domain.com

I really don't know what I have to put. The wp plugin side helped me because it gave me informations to find correct links but in IP.Board one there is no help.

My homepage is http://www.gamer-core.itso in Path to Wp have I to put this link? Or another? And then, which is the difference between Blog-domain and Path to WP? And also, Blog Cookie Domain, which is it? In WP Plugin I set "automatically find it", but in IP.Board I can't do it.

Same problem for:

Cookie domain: Insert the Cookie-Domain for the board. When the board is on a subdomain, use the secondlevel domain, e.g. board is on sub.domain.com, insert .domain.com

EDIT: Modifying cookie domain brought me and my members to can't login

Edited by Kowak

Indeed i'm following instructions but the IP.Board ones aren't useful. I just want a little example (if you have one) how to fill ip.board side plugin, because last time I did I made crash my forum cause of wrong cookie directory.

Ok so the dat file has to be anywhere in my site directory, cool :D

Hi Kowak,

as every server is unique, all setting parts are unique, too. The correct settings may be individual and your website programmer should be able to give you correct assistance (should be basic task for him). If you still struggle with finding correct data, I'm offering an installation service for a flat fee which allows me checking your settings individually and support you in configuration.

Kind regards,

Matthias