• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roots

roots

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hi,
Has anyone got w3-total-cache working with ipbwi?
It seems to work fine for us excepted the userbar widget which produces this text on the home page:

Unable to execute code: <!--dynamic-cached-content--><div id="ipbwi_userbar_loggedOut"> <div class="ipbwi_createAccount"></div> <div class="ipbwi_signIn"><a href="http://forums.domain...ion=login">Sign In</a></div> </div> <!--/dynamic-cached-content-->;

Thanks

#2 Matthias Reuter

Matthias Reuter

Forensklave

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9541 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Seems to be a bug in w3-total-cache, have had problems with that plugin, too. w3-total-cache has problems with non-caching userbar (what's important for security purposes) even if template contains no-cache-comment.

#3 roots

roots

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

We've been trying few other plugins, none seems compatible. Do you know any caching plugin working with ipbwi?

#4 Matthias Reuter

Matthias Reuter

Forensklave

• Admin
  • 9541 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Every cache-plugin should support something to prevent caching for specific parts of code, e.g. some custom-tags to declare stop-caching for an area. I've read the manual of w3-total-cache and used the tags listed there to prevent caching for IPBWI4WP widgets. I don't know why these non-cache-tags do not work with userbar-widget and unfortunately at the moment I have not the time to check why a feature provided by another plugin does not work. Additionally, I am not using any caching plugins on my WordPress installations, so I can not recommend a caching plugin.

#5 Matthias Reuter

Matthias Reuter

Forensklave

• Admin
  • 9541 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've found a small issue in loading IPBWI for WordPress userbar widget - maybe this could be the source of the issue with the cache plugins. You should give it a try again with new IPBWI for WordPress v3.1.4 release which fixed that specific issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users